To find out if you are eligible for a Home Care Package you will need to do assessment with My Aged Care. During the assessment process there will be a range of things looked at to ensure you receive the care and support you need. This includes:
- Your age – to be eligible you need to be an older Australian (generally 65 years or older) or a younger person with an ageing related illness (like early onset dementia).
- Your living arrangements and the support you currently receive from family and friends.
- What help or support you may require in order to continue living independently.
- What are the different Home Care Package Levels?
There are four levels of Home Care Packages for different support and care needs:
- Level 1 – for basic care needs
- Level 2 – for low-level care needs
- Level 3 – for intermediate care needs
- Level 4 – for high-level care needs