The HCP and CHSP both give you support to stay living at home. In saying this, there are significant differences between the programs.
With a CHSP:
- You get access to specific services and there isn’t much flexibility.
- You pay a subsidised rate from your own pocket, for the services you use.
- You are given an amount of funding that you can use for whatever services you require so long as they are within government guidelines and in line with your Care Plan.
- Once you have a package, it is yours until you no longer require it.
- You get to choose the services you would like to use – based on your individual situation.